Cosmetic Dentists in Washington, DC Offer Affordable Dental Implant Restorations
Washington, DC – March 8, 2021. The Washington Center for Cosmetic & Family Dentistry announces its affordable, budget-friendly dental implant restoration services, including dental crowns. Drs. Michael Pollowitz and Sharon Brown, the husband-and-wife duo of the practice, have been two of the Washington, DC, and Maryland areas’ top dentists for the last 25 years. Other services they offer include general and children’s dentistry, as well as periodontics.
The Purpose of Dental Implant Surgery
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root made of metal that replaces a single tooth or group of teeth. Many people who have lost teeth from disease or injury consider dental implant surgery to improve the functionality of their teeth, in addition to boosting their self-confidence.
The implant is made of titanium with a titanium post attached to secure the implant in the jaw. Even though the implants are metal, they imitate a natural tooth. Having the dental implant procedure creates a healthy mouth with a dazzling smile.
The Implant Restoration Process
Unfortunately, many people with dental implants have experienced failed, broken, or improperly placed implants. At Washington Center for Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, Drs. Pollowitz and Brown offer a low-cost implant restoration process that includes the following steps.
- Exam diagnosis: The dental surgeons suggest that the patient schedule an appointment to complete an oral exam. From there, the dentists decide their plan of action to restore the dental implants.
- Treatment plan: The dentists discuss with the patient their plans, along with any concerns or risks of the procedure.
- Bone grafting: If there is a deficiency of natural bones in the mouth, bone grafting will be necessary to restore the supporting foundation for the implants. This involves transplanting healthy bone tissue to recreate the missing tissues.
- Implant placement: The dentists make incisions in the soft gum tissues and carefully insert the implant. If bone grafting is necessary, the area must heal for at least six to nine months before the final step.
- Dental crown: The dentists remove part of the gum tissue and make an impression. From there, the lab technicians design a custom-made dental crown. Once the doctors confirm the fit of the crown, it is ready for wear.
- Length of process: Depending on the severity of the procedure, the implant restoration process can happen in one day. However, if bone grafting is needed, the process may take up to months.
About the Practice
The Washington Center for Cosmetic & Family Dentistry is a family-owned practice located near Maryland in Washington, DC. Drs. Michael Pollowitz and Sharon Brown are committed to the oral health of their patients. Their experienced and knowledgeable team treats patients of all ages.
Dr. Michael Pollowitz is particularly skilled in reconstructive, cosmetic, and general dentistry. His wife, Dr. Sharon Brown, enjoys making her patients feel comfortable and safe.
For More Information
To find out more about dental implant restoration at the Washington Center for Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, please contact the dental clinic near Maryland at (202) 933-5498 or firstname.lastname@example.org.