General dentistry includes all the basic and routine elements of your oral health, starting with an initial exam to determine exactly what type of treatments you may need. Your twice-annual cleanings are also part of this branch of general dentistry. Our Washington, DC general dentistry services include:
- Digital Imaging: As opposed to the X-ray technology of the past, we use small intraoral cameras to create digital X-rays, reducing your exposure to radiation and giving our dentists a more precise idea of how to best move forward with your treatment.
- Fillings: We remove any decayed portions of teeth, as long as enough healthy dental material remains for this to be the most suitable option, and fill the space with tooth-colored resin. Fillings eliminate the potential pain of a cavity and can help ward off future decay.
- Root Canal Treatment: During this procedure, we remove infected pulp through a small opening in the affected tooth’s crown and fill the gap left behind with material designed to mimic the look and strength of your natural teeth. The root canal procedure can usually be accomplished in one to two visits.
- Crowns: Crowns are artificial caps placed on damaged teeth. They typically accompany root canal procedures, but they can also be implemented before infection and the need for root canal treatment sets in.
- Bridges: Bridges are used when a natural tooth, or teeth, need to be extracted. Artificial teeth are attached to a metal support structure, which then uses the surrounding natural teeth to hold the bridge in place.
- Dentures: These are complete sets of artificial teeth. They’re made by fabricating a metal framework, covering it with gum-colored plastic, and affixing teeth made of resin to the plastic base. We use precision molding and measuring techniques to ensure the best fit possible for your dentures.
- Sealants: Sealants involve coating the surface of your teeth with resin to ward off decay as a preventative measure.
These are a few of the most common procedures our general dentists in Washington DC perform. We also offer an array of other options for promoting dental and oral health. Our team is well-versed in maxillofacial treatments for TMS and similar conditions, and we treat gum disease in its various stages. By keeping up-to-date with the latest technology, we can provide far more advanced solutions to help ensure your dental health for a lifetime.