WASHINGTON CENTER FOR COSMETIC AND FAMILY DENTISTRY
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, our core values have remained the same: our commitment to you, your dental health and your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice as you have likely seen during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
For our patients and staff, safety is paramount. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. Currently we have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Masks are REQUIRED upon entering our office.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Your temperature will be taken upon entry.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Reception chairs have been spaced out and unfortunately there will be no magazines or beverage service as we have had in the past.
- If possible we request that you come to your appointment alone. We will accommodate additional family members on a limited basis and may ask them to wait in the car during your appointment.
- Staff will have their temperature taken and a health check twice daily.
- You will be asked to rinse with at 1.5% solution of hydrogen peroxide prior to treatment.
- You will be given disinfectant wipes to use as often as you like during your appointment.
- Team members will be required to wear a mask at all times during your visit.
- Team members will be using a face shield or other protective eyewear.
- We have installed HEPA hospital grade room purifiers throughout the office.
- The office HVAC has been upgraded with HEPA filters.
- Safety barriers have been set up at our reception desk.
- Surfaces continue to be wiped with hospital grade disinfectant.
- UVC and ozone are used where appropriate.
- Germicidal disinfecting fogging is used to get into small and unsuspecting area.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 202-363-2500 or email us at WCCD@amazingdentistry.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Drs. Sharon Brown and Michael Pollowitz and Team