General dentistry includes all the basic elements of your oral health beginning with an initial exam to determine exactly what type of treatments you may need. Your twice-annual cleanings are also part of this branch of our field. We’ll delve below the surface of your teeth and gums using specialized equipment to develop a treatment plan specifically for you. Our Washington, DC general dentistry services include:
- Digital Imaging: As opposed to the antiquated X-ray technology of the past, we use small intraoral cameras to create digital X-rays, reducing your exposure to radiation and giving us a more precise idea of how to best move forward with your treatments. This technique also allows us to more quickly and efficiently share your images with any outside specialists who may need to get involved.
- Fillings: We remove any decayed portions of teeth, as long as enough healthy dental material remains for this to be the most suitable option, and fill the space with tooth-colored resin. Doing so eliminates the pain of a cavity and helps ward off future decay.
- Root Canal Treatment: During this procedure, we remove infected pulp through a small opening in the affected tooth’s crown and fill the gap left behind with material designed to mimic the look and strength of your natural teeth. The root canal procedure can usually be accomplished in one to two visits.
- Crowns: These are artificial caps placed on damaged teeth. They typically accompany root canal procedures, but they can also be implemented before infection and the need for root canal treatment sets in.
- Bridges: Bridges are used when a natural tooth, or teeth, as the case may be, need to be extracted. Artificial teeth are attached to a metal support structure, which then uses the surrounding natural teeth to hold the bridge in place.
- Dentures: These are complete sets of artificial teeth. They’re made by fabricating a metal framework, covering it with gum-colored plastic, and affixing teeth made of resin to the plastic base. We use precision molding and measuring techniques to ensure the best fit possible for your dentures.
- Sealants: As the name indicates, this procedure involves coating your teeth with resin to ward off decay.
These are only the most common procedures our general dentists in Washington DC perform. We also offer an array of other options for promoting dental and oral health. Our team is well-versed in maxillofacial treatments for TMS and similar conditions, and we treat gum disease in its various stages. By keeping up-to-date with the latest technology, we can provide far more advanced solutions for your dental issues.